Common Law Rights

Parties who reside together but choose not to get married may be governed by similar rules concerning support of children and spousal (adult interdependent partner support) as do their married counterparts. The primary difference lies in how the law governs the division of property between non-married partners. Educating yourself about your rights and obligations is key.

The law of unjust enrichment, constructive and resulting trust and joint venture are complex and we encourage you to contact our law firm to discuss your particular set of circumstances. A delay may prejudice your position as there are specific timelines which you must adhere to in order to successfully file a claim.

Calgary Family Lawyers & Mediators

Phone: 403-718–9580
Fax: 403-718-9596
Email: [email protected]